Ant Middleton was dropped from his role as chief instructor on British reality show SAS: Who Dares Wins earlier this year.
But on Thursday, the 40-year-old former solider – who still holds the same role on Channel Seven’s SAS Australia – said he could be moving his entire family Down Under next year because he feels ‘more at home’ in the country.
Ant told TV Week: ‘I feel more at home in Australia than I do in the UK. I love the Aussies and their way of thinking.’
Moving overseas? SAS chief instructor Ant Middleton (pictured) has said he could be moving his entire family Down Under next year because he feels ‘more at home’ in Australia
He added: ‘I wouldn’t be surprised if we moved out here with the family next year. My wife always wants to come to Australia, I’ve got a brother here. For the children, it’s great.’
Ant shares four children, daughters Shyla, 13, and Priseis, five, and sons Gabriel, 11, and Bligh, four, with his wife, Emilie. He also has a son Oakley from a previous relationship.
He filmed the second season of SAS Australia earlier this year, with contestants including retired NRL star Sam Burgess, tennis legend Mark Philippoussis and dual Olympian Jana Pittman.
In early March, Ant’s abrupt departure from the British version of the show was confirmed by Channel 4, apparently due to his ‘personal conduct’.
A spokesperson for Channel 4 told MailOnline at the time: ‘Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
Family: Ant shares four children, daughters Shyla, 13, and Priseis, five, and sons Gabriel, 11, and Bligh, four, with his wife, Emilie. He also has a son Oakley from a previous relationship
‘Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again.’
His departure came months after Ant sparked controversy by referring to Black Lives Matter protesters as ‘absolute scum’, and urging people to ‘carry on as normal’ and not change their habits during the Covid pandemic.
Ant previously hit back at claims his exit was due to him allegedly making a lewd comment to a female that was picked up on his microphone.
His spokesperson said: ‘Ant has worked on TV sets around the world for many years and has never at any point been accused of speaking inappropriately by anyone.
Relocation: ‘I wouldn’t be surprised if we moved out here with the family next year. My wife always wants to come to Australia, I’ve got a brother here. For the children, it’s great,’ Ant said. Pictured with his wife, Emilie
‘He has only ever been informed of these allegations, which he wholeheartedly and emphatically rejects, via the media.
‘If anyone felt that he did say anything verbally offensive we would have expected a formal process of review but no such discussion has ever taken place either via any of the networks he works for or via bodies such as Bectu.’
Speaking on Good Morning Britain in March, Ant denied claims he’d made ‘inappropriate’ comments to female staff which were subsequently investigated by Channel 4 bosses.
He said anonymous complaints had been made about ‘indirect’ behaviour that was typical of the hosts’ military backgrounds, and said ‘snowflakes’ do not belong on the set of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
Following Channel 4’s statement of his exit, Ant posted on Instagram: ‘Hi guys, I’ve got some news which is that after five incredible years I’ve decided it’s time to move on from SAS Who Dares Wins UK.
‘Big respect to my fellow DS – its been a journey I’ll never forget. Thanks to everyone that took part and made the show what it is.’
He added: ‘Really excited about the future and what’s coming this year. Stay positive.’
Coming soon: Ant filmed the second season of SAS Australia earlier this year, with contestants including NRL star Sam Burgess, tennis legend Mark Philippoussis, and Olympian Jana Pittman