Celebrity SAS' Alexandra Burke received 'special treatment from Ant Middleton'

    [ad_1]

    Singer Alexandra Burke has been caught up in a favouritism row on Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins over her close relationship with Ant Middleton. 

    The X Factor winner, 33, reportedly found herself in the midst of a complaints storm from her co-stars who felt she was being treated ‘differently’ by the show’s chief instructor, 40. 

    A source said to The Sun on Sunday: ‘Ant appeared to take a shine to Alexandra on SAS and it didn’t go unnoticed by the show’s stars and the crew.

    Controversy: Singer Alexandra Burke has faced favouritism backlash on Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins, over her close relationship with Ant Middleton, according to reports

    Controversy: Singer Alexandra Burke has faced favouritism backlash on Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins, over her close relationship with Ant Middleton, according to reports

    ‘From the word go the others thought he treated Alexandra differently.’  

    ‘During filming he would be seen taking her to one side for a chat and, at points, they’d even take their microphones off so no one could hear what they were saying.’

    According to the insider, Alexandra was ‘oblivious’ to the extra attention, but it became ‘annoying’ to others who decided to complain about her ‘special treatment’.  

    During Sunday’s episode of the Channel 4 adventure programme, she was named the ‘strongest recruit’ by Ant and his team.

    Shocking: The X Factor winner, 33, reportedly found herself in the midst of a complaints storm from her co-stars who felt she was being treated'differently' by the show's chief instructor, 40 (pictured)

    Shocking: The X Factor winner, 33, reportedly found herself in the midst of a complaints storm from her co-stars who felt she was being treated ‘differently’ by the show’s chief instructor, 40 (pictured) 

    The leading instructor was fired from Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins earlier in 2021 after filming concluded.

    He was dropped due to his alleged ‘personal conduct,’ with the presenter fiercely denying claims that he was axed for making ‘inappropriate’ or ‘lewd comments’ to female staff on set.

    Speaking on a recent podcast, he hit out at ‘victim mentality’ and said he’s ‘too far gone now to be completely cancelled’.

    He said: ‘I can get as drunk as a skunk and that’s not in my nature, that’s not who I am.

    Favouritism: A source said on Sunday:'Ant appeared to take a shine to Alexandra on SAS and it didn’t go unnoticed by the show’s stars and the crew'

    Favouritism: A source said on Sunday: ‘Ant appeared to take a shine to Alexandra on SAS and it didn’t go unnoticed by the show’s stars and the crew’ 

    ‘My family knows that and my wife knows that. I’m more of a boys’ boy – let’s f**k off the chicks and go and have a drink with the lads. It makes me realise how this victim mentality is really taking over.

    ‘My career could be cancelled if I wasn’t who I am. I’m too far gone and too long in the tooth now to be completely cancelled.’

    Ant also detailed how his wife Emilie had asked him about the furore following his exit from SAS: Who Dares UK, with him telling her to think about how he’s always acted around her and his ‘super polite’ nature.

    He told the podcast: ‘I’m like, “Emilie, go back to who I am. When you first met me and I was drunk, have I ever been sleazy? No. Am I super polite? Yes, I am.”‘

    Behaviour: They added: 'During filming he would be seen taking her to one side for a chat and, at points, they’d even take their microphones off so no one could hear what they were saying'

    Behaviour: They added: ‘During filming he would be seen taking her to one side for a chat and, at points, they’d even take their microphones off so no one could hear what they were saying’

    Ant went on to claim there has been a ‘witch hunt’ against him in the UK, remarking: ‘Witch hunt? I never thought that existed until the latest shenanigans with SAS UK.’

    He added: ‘Ultimately people can see through it and know I was pushed before I could jump.’  

    Ant’s abrupt departure from SAS: Who Dares Wins, the show he helped launch in 2015, was confirmed by Channel 4 just two weeks before filming for its next series was scheduled to begin.

    A spokesperson for Channel 4 told MailOnline at the time: ‘Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.

    Dropped: Earlier this year Ant was dropped by Channel 4 due to his alleged'personal conduct,' with the presenter denying claims that he was axed for making'inappropriate' comments

    Dropped: Earlier this year Ant was dropped by Channel 4 due to his alleged ‘personal conduct,’ with the presenter denying claims that he was axed for making ‘inappropriate’ comments

    ‘Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again.’

    Ant then ‘wholeheartedly’ denied claims he ‘joked about having sex with a female contestant,’ after previously hitting back at claims he made improper comments to female staff.

    A spokesperson for Ant told MailOnline at the time: ‘Ant has worked on TV sets around the world for many years and has never at any point been accused of speaking inappropriately by anyone.

    ‘He has only ever been informed of these allegations, which he wholeheartedly and emphatically rejects, via the media.

    Ditched: Speaking on a recent podcast, he hit out at'victim mentality' and said he's'too far gone now to be completely cancelled'

    Ditched: Speaking on a recent podcast, he hit out at ‘victim mentality’ and said he’s ‘too far gone now to be completely cancelled’

    ‘If anyone felt that he did say anything verbally offensive we would have expected a formal process of review but no such discussion has ever taken place either via any of the networks he works for or via bodies such as Bectu.’

    It came following a report by The Sun that Ant was heard telling a contestant he wanted to have sex with her via his microphone during filming.

    A source claimed his comment were meant to be in jest, but still prompted a member of the show’s production team to complain, as it was alleged he said: ‘I’m going to f**k you after this.’

    A representative for Channel 4 told the publication that measures are in place so any complaints from staff can be handled confidentially.

    Ant also denied claims of further behaviour after it was reported four women had accused him of making ‘lewd and suggestive comments’ on set.

    The women approached the media union Bectu, who told The Mirror they are planning to meet with Channel 4 after Ant dismissed his behaviour as ‘military banter’ during an interview on Good Morning Britain.

    It was also reported that Ant threatened to quit SAS: Who Dares Wins multiple times and ‘acted like a Hollywood star on the set’ before he was ultimately axed.

    A source told The Sun: ‘Ant loved to be the star attraction and seemed to think the show needed him more than he needed it – and would act like that on set. He threatened to quit on several occasions.

    Reports: Ant then'wholeheartedly' denied claims he'joked about having sex with a female contestant'

    Reports: Ant then ‘wholeheartedly’ denied claims he ‘joked about having sex with a female contestant’

    [ad_2]

    Previous article'Nothing can prepare you' Kate lifts lid on 'struggle' of becoming parent to Prince George
    Next articleMorocco players left stranded in hotel as FIFA call off Guinea clash due to Conakry coup

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here