Coronation Street star Bruno Langley has revealed his plans to re-launch his pop career after being found guilty of sexual assault in 2017.
The actor, 38, was dropped from the soap ahead of being charged with sexually assaulting two women, and was given a 12-month community order.
Taking to Instagram on Sunday, Bruno told his followers he was still making music, writing: ‘I love you all and I hope you are doing well x I am working on some new music I hope to share with you very soon.’
New plans: Coronation Street star Bruno Langley has revealed his plans to re-launch his pop career after being found guilty of sexual assault in 2017
He then gushed about his five ‘wonderful’ sisters, specifically one called Rosie, who had just released music of her own that he’d taken to social media to plug.
And this is not the first time Bruno has attempted to re-boot his career since his sentence.
Back in October 2020, the shamed soap star put out a single called Collide and evasively acknowledged that it had been ‘a while’ since he’d released any work.
Bruno, who played Todd Grimshaw for 16 years, was hastily written out of the soap following his assault charge, with the character going on the run after insulting a police officer.
Guilty: The disgraced actor was dropped from the soap after being charged with sexually assaulting two women, and avoided jail time with a 12-month community order
‘I am working on some new music I hope to share with you very soon’: Bruno took to Instagram on Sunday to tell his followers of his latest career re-boot
Bosses then reintroduced the character with a brand new actor, Gareth Pierce, and were intent on ensuring that there were no traces of the former star on the show.
It came after Bruno pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting two women while on a drunken night out at a Manchester music venue.
As well as his 12-month community order that helped him avoid time behind bars, the soap star adhered to a curfew and paid £250 to each of his two victims.
Dropped: Bruno, who played Todd for 16 years, was hastily written out of the soap following his assault charge, with the character going on the run (pictured in 2017)
Passing sentence the judge told him: ‘On that evening your conduct was quite disgraceful and degrading. Both of the victims would have been extremely shocked and upset as a result of your conduct.
‘The fact that you were heavily intoxicated is not mitigation, it is a further aggravating feature.’
The court heard Langley was ‘clearly intoxicated’ when the first woman, who was out with her husband, went upstairs to collect their coats from the cloakroom.
The prosecutor said: ‘As she walked back towards the stairs Mr Langley grabbed her in the crotch area over her dress.’
Prosecutor Karen Saffman, quoting the victim’s statement, said: ‘He grabbed me. Properly grabbed me. It was a rough grab. Lots of pressure… even though it was through a dress and tights.’
When the victim then went to go to the toilets she was then approached by another woman who had also been sexually assaulted by Bruno.
Ms Saffman said the second woman told the first victim Bruno had groped her ‘boobs and her bum’.
Bruno was also seen to go up to another woman, again a complete stranger, and ‘grabbed her boobs and bum’ and grabbed a fourth woman.
At the time of his conviction, Bruno told The Sunday Mirror: ‘I’ve been living way too fast for too long… My drinking had escalated. The wheels fell off. I wasn’t particularly happy… I’ve started going to see a counsellor and been attending AA meetings and that’s helped.
‘I have no excuse, no one forced me to drink to such an extreme, but it is hard to explain why I would do anything as dreadful as that. It must have been awful for those women, and I am ashamed of myself. I’m truly sorry.
‘I sincerely apologise to the women, from the bottom of my heart. I promise I will never do anything like that again’, he added at the time.
‘I have no excuse’: Bruno said he has been to see a councillor since grabbing four women on the same night out (pictured on Coronation Street in 2016)