Home Tv & Show Jay-Z is all smiles as he takes in Brooklyn Nets game with...

Jay-Z is all smiles as he takes in Brooklyn Nets game with team owner Clara Wu Tsai

0

[ad_1]

Jay-Z is all smiles as he takes in all the high-flying action of Brooklyn Nets game sitting courtside with team owner Clara Wu Tsai


Jay-Z has earned the reputation as being on the short list of best rappers in the history of the hip hop musical genre.

During his rise to superstardom, the New York City native would bring his golden touch to an array of entrepreneurial enterprises, which included buying a small share of the NBA franchise, Brooklyn Nets, and launching his own entertainment and sports agency, Roc Nation.

A conflict of interest would eventually force him to sell off his stake in the Nets, but that hasn’t stopped the 99 Problems star from taking in games with team owners Joseph Wu and his wife Clara Wu Tsai, as was the case Wednesday night. 

NBA action: Jay-Z, 51, showed off his enthusiasm when he arrived for the game between the Brooklyn Nets and Miami Heat in Brooklyn Wednesday night

NBA action: Jay-Z, 51, showed off his enthusiasm when he arrived for the game between the Brooklyn Nets and Miami Heat in Brooklyn Wednesday night

Friends in high places: The legendary rapper sat courtside with Nets owner Clara Wu Tsai

Friends in high places: The legendary rapper sat courtside with Nets owner Clara Wu Tsai

Opting not to come with wife Beyonce, Jay (born Shawn Corey Carter), sat courtside with Clara Wu Tsai for the Nets game against the Miami Heat in Brooklyn.

The New York City native, 51, kept it casual in the fashion department in faded blue jeans with a black and blue windbreaker jacket over a white t-shirt and white sneakers.

The Can I Live star cheered on the likes of such Nets superstars as Kevin Durant and James Harden while sitting alongside Tsai, who was also dressed casually in blue jeans and a white and green plaid shirt and sneakers. 

Casual-cool: The 99 Problems star kept it casual in the fashion department in faded blue jeans with a black and blue windbreaker jacket over a white t-shirt and white sneakers

Casual-cool: The 99 Problems star kept it casual in the fashion department in faded blue jeans with a black and blue windbreaker jacket over a white t-shirt and white sneakers

Former team owner: Jay has a small stake in the Nets from 2003 to 2013, but had to sell his share to avert any potential conflicts of interest after launching Roc Nation

Former team owner: Jay has a small stake in the Nets from 2003 to 2013, but had to sell his share to avert any potential conflicts of interest after launching Roc Nation

The home team and their fans would end up leaving Barclays Center disappointed, as the Heat ended up beating the Nets 106-93, behind Bam Adebayo’s 24 points and nine rebounds.

Durant led Brooklyn in the losing effort with 25 points and 11 rebounds. 

Due to their slow start in the new season, the Nets now sit in the bottom half of the Eastern Conference standings with a 2-3 record.  

Historic sale: Jay sold his small stake in the Nets to Will Pan, making Pan the first American of Taiwanese descent to own a U.S. professional sports franchise

Historic sale: Jay sold his small stake in the Nets to Will Pan, making Pan the first American of Taiwanese descent to own a U.S. professional sports franchise

Jay owned a small minority stake, said to be 1/15th of 1%, in the Nets from 2003 until 2013. He was also one of the leaders in the marketing for the team and helped encourage the move from New Jersey to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.  

He relinquished his stake in the Nets to avert any potential conflicts of interest after launching Roc Nation, which included representing NBA players. 

His shares were eventually sold to singer, rapper, actor and entrepreneur Will Pan, making Pan the first American of Taiwanese descent to own a U.S. professional sports franchise.  

Having already been a 49% owner of the Nets by 2017, Tsai purchased the remaining 51% from Russian financier Mikhail Prokhorov for $2.35 billion in August 2019, according to NBA.com.                                                 

Acclaimed rapper: Jay has won 23 Grammys over his career, which is the most by a rapper

Acclaimed rapper: Jay has won 23 Grammys over his career, which is the most by a rapper

Advertisement

[ad_2]

Previous articleThe Block: Nine drops trailer for Sunday's incredible whole house reveals
Next articleBec Judd shows off her incredible figure and abs of steel in a Jaggad bikini

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here