Royal expert Valentine Low, in his new book, revealed the Duke of Sussex savagely shot down William’s offer to meet up and discuss their differences. The messages, from 2019, reportedly came after Harry and Meghan confirmed direct tensions between themselves and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during their South Africa tour. But royal sources now claim the ceasefire is “very much over”.
During an interview with Tom Bradby, Harry said he and Meghan were “struggling” with some of the pressures of being working members of the Royal Family.
He also revealed his relationship with brother Prince William experienced “good days” and “bad days.”
In his book, Courtiers: The Hidden Power Behind The Crown, Mr Low said William reached out to his brother following the interview but was shot down.
The author claims the Duke of Sussex declined a meeting with his brother due to fears of it being leaked to the press.
Following the book’s revelations, insiders close to William confirmed sadly now “any chance of building reconciliation has fallen by the wayside.”
They said Harry is furious the text encounter had been released to the press, despite his efforts to keep their conversations and reconciliation attempts private.
The offer, according to the Mr Low, was made a day after ITV presenter Tom Bradby’s interview with Meghan Markle was aired.
William sent the message to his younger brother over Whatsapp, Mr Low claimed in the book.
READ MORE: Harry & Meghan ‘worried’ King Charles will shun them over projects
Harry was said to be positive at first but then asked his brother who would know about this.
Mr Low wrote: “William explained that he’d have to clear his schedule, which would mean telling his private secretary. At that point, Harry told him: “Don’t come”.
She added: “He was so concerned that William’s team would leak the visit to the Press that he would rather not see his brother than risk it getting into the papers. To everyone who knew what was going on, this was heartbreaking.”
The two brothers appeared to put their differences aside last month to honour their late grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II.
The pair, alongside their respective partners, attended several royal engagements in the days and weeks following the monarch’s passing.
But commentators claimed there was little eye contact or acknowledgement between the two brothers during the public appearances.
Both royals followed the Queen’s coffin during the state funeral on September 19.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex returned to their Californian home after the Queen’s royal mourning period came to an end.