The Duke of Sussex announced on July 20 he had been writing about his life in a new memoir. Since then, reports suggest there is “growing disquiet” in the Royal Family over potential bombshells from the Duke.
Harry’s first draft is said to be almost completely written and has been tipped to cover his childhood, his parent’s divorce, and his mother Diana’s death, as well as his war years and the fall-out from his decision to quit as a senior working royal.
In a statement, the Duke said: “I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become.
“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story – the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learnt – I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.
“I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learnt over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”
READ MORE: Meghan felt ‘rebuffed’ by Kate as cracks began to appear in friendship
However, former staff of Harry and Meghan Markle claim they do not believe the Duke will be “wholly truthful” despite his promises.
Dan Wootton, journalist and GB News presenter, spoke to a royal source who cast doubt on the book’s promised honesty.
In his MailOnline column, Mr Wootton said his source believes “some of these ex-workers simply do not trust that a full and accurate picture will be presented”.
The source added: “Many of Prince Harry and Meghan’s former staff doubt the book will be ‘wholly truthful’ because, if it was, Harry and Meghan would come out of it looking terrible.”
Other royal experts have weighed in on the news of Harry’s book, with Telegraph editor Camilla Tominey saying it “’won’t set the record straight”.
In the outlet’s newsletter, she said: “What I would question is his suggestion that it will represent the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
“Like their Oprah Winfrey interview, the book will surely reflect the Sussexes’ truth but not necessarily anyone else’s.
“After all, autobiographies are the perfect vehicle for telling the truth about other people.”
Ingrid Seward, royal expert, told GB News the Duke of Cambridge will “come out worst” from the Megxit memoir as it is directly related to his future.
She told the broadcaster: “William is probably the one that will come out of this worst of all because there is a row between William and Harry and basically if Harry says things that are inappropriate about the monarchy, that is William’s future.”
“It’s not Harry’s future, he is out of it now, but it is William’s future.”
The BBC also reported there is “growing disquiet” at Buckingham Palace over Harry’s tell-all book, according to sources.
The broadcaster reported that Harry did warn his family but other sources say Charles was “surprised” by the announcement.
One senior source also told the Standard: “It is fair to say there is growing disquiet about this project at the Palace.”
Sources also fear Harry’s book could overshadow Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee in 2022.