Meghan Markle and Harry: Pundit criticises ‘inconsistencies’
Harry is currently self-isolating after arriving in the UK from the US. Next week, he will meet with his brother Prince William to unveil a statue of the pair’s late mother, Princess Diana. It is the first time the Duke of Sussex has visited his family since Prince Philip’s funeral and appearing in a string of broadcast interviews in which he spoke out against The Firm.
The Queen was seen driving on Friday evening in Windsor just hours after Harry’s arrival.
He is staying at Frogmore Cottage, and according to The Sun, Her Majesty was driving towards the royal residence.
Harry was largely absent from royal life when he and Meghan Markle departed the UK for North America last year.
Ties were further severed when the pair announced they would no longer be rerunning as working royals earlier this year.
Meghan Markle: A US columnist snubbed Meghan and Prince Harry’s Netflix endeavours
Prince Harry: The Duke has arrived back in the UK
Carving out new, private lives for themselves, Meghan and Harry have taken on a range of responsibilities including securing lucrative job contracts.
Netflix offered them a sum thought to be worth £109million to produce original content.
The pair have yet to create anything but announced in April that they had started work on a series about the Invictus Games as competitors prepare for the 2022 event.
While many have welcomed the possibilities of their creations, others have outright rejected them.
JUST IN: Princess Anne followed Philip reaction with ‘Harry and Meghan drama’
Frogmore Cottage: Harry his staying at his former royal residence
On hearing the Netflix announcement, Maureen Callahan, a US columnist, brutally snubbed the pair’s ambitions and claimed that “no one wants to watch” anything they produce.
Writing about Harry’s wealth and the pair’s newfound private ventures in the New York Post, she said: “Meghan showed up on ‘America’s Got Talent’ for no discernible reason, and Harry and Meghan just announced that $100-million-dollar deal with Netflix.
“‘Making inspirational family programming,’ they said in a statement, ‘is important to us.’
“Uh-huh. They droned on about ‘the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience, and the need for connection.
Royal Family LIVE: Charles to make crucial decision on Archie title [REPORT]
US advisor explains how Prince Harry can save America reputation [INSIGHT]
Prince William may be first to abdicate in decades amid royal shake-up [ANALYSIS]
Invictus Games: Harry founded the competition in 2014
Ceremony: Harry pictured at an event for the fifth anniversary of the Invictus Games
“‘Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.’
“In other words, stuff no one wants to watch.
“Let’s get real: The most buzzed-about doc on Netflix right now is about a South African man who falls in love with an octopus (‘My Octopus Teacher,’ truly a must-see).”
‘Heart of Invictus’ will follow the journeys of individuals who are competing at the games which take place next year at The Hague.
Royal romance: Harry and Meghan first met on a blind date in 2016
Harry founded Invictus in 2014 after being inspired by the Warrior Games in the US, learning how sport can help both mental and physical health.
He will appear on camera during the docuseries and be credited as executive producer.
During his interview with US talk show host Oprah Winfrey earlier this year, Harry said he had never planned to create content for services like Netflix and Spotify but that his family had been short of funds.
He explained: “That was suggested by somebody else by the point of where my family literally cut me off financially, and I had to afford security for us.
Charles: The revelation about Charles’ Duchy of Cornwall funds has questioned Harry’s finance claims
“From my perspective all I needed was enough money to be able to pay for security to keep my family safe.”
However, a recent spending review from the Sovereign Grant suggests the couple received a “substantial sum” immediately after they stepped back.
In addition to the grant, the report details how Charles spends his income from the Duchy of Cornwall, of which 95 percent of Harry’s income was believed to come from when he was a part of The Firm.
On expenditure in the last financial year relating to Harry and Meghan, a senior Clarence House spokesman said that Charles allocated a “substantial sum to support them” with the transition towards becoming financially independent.