Russian MMA star found dead in Moscow after 'eating poisoned watermelon'


    Russian MMA star Alexander Pisarev, 33, has passed away after reportedly eating a poisoned watermelon. Pisarev was found dead in his Moscow apartment by his father on October 30.

    An unnamed member of Pisarev’s team told Tass: “Alexander Pisarev died in his sleep and did not have any chronic health problems. According to preliminary data, death was the result of food poisoning.”

    Media outlet, Pravda, claims that Pisarev passed away after he and his wife ate a watermelon. She is understood to have been hospitalised, while Pisarev died. According to the same reports, they also ate other products.

    Igor Vladimirovich, the fighter’s father, told Pravda: “I looked into the room — Alexander and his wife were sleeping. I came closer and then realised that my son was no longer breathing.

    “Investigators, with the participation of a forensic specialist, are conducting an additional inspection of the scene, confiscating items relevant to the investigation, and planning a forensic chemical examination.”

    Prisarev was 3-2 as a professional mixed martial arts fighter and competed in prestigious Russian combat sports promotions ACB, M1-Global, and Fight Nights Global. His last fight came in February 2020, losing to Maxim Usoyan via first-round submission (armbar).


    Previous articleLiverpool boss Jurgen Klopp warned touchline actions are harming Reds star – 'Bad example'
    Next articleTributes paid after 'inspirational' world’s largest female tusked elephant dies


    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here